You've been asking for it, and we finally have an answer for you:
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition, for it is its title, will launch on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One on 20th September 2016 (which is still technically in Summer), and will cost £7.99 / $9.99 / €9.99.
It is a faithful port of the Source engine original onto Unity 5, and features:
- remastered audio
- a brand new commentary with developers Jessica Curry, Rob Briscoe and Dan Pinchbeck
- some additional accessibility options: larger subtitles and a crosshair in addition to the original's FOV & brightness sliders and controller sensitivity
- menus and subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish and Russian
For all you non-console fans out there, the PC & Mac version of the Landmark Edition will launch with all that content in a few months, and will be free to all existing users!
Speaking of Dear Esther, there are still some tickets available for two exciting events:
- Dear Esther Live at the Barbican in London: on Friday 14th October, you'll be able to see a live playthrough of the game, with a string quartet, piano and live narration! Tickets are available here.
- The Guardian's Gaming Series, also in London: on Friday 30th September, join Guardian journalists Jordan Erica Webber and Keith Stuart, who will chat with Dan Pinchbeck about the game! Get your tickets here.