Jr. Environment Artist
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST ARE NOW CLOSED. WE ARE CURRENTLY SHORTLISTING AND WILL INFORM CANDIDATES BY THE END OF THE WEEK
You are driven by that sense of wonder that a well-crafted game world can create. You are highly skilled at modelling and texturing, with a keen eye for form, colour and composition and experience with basic environmental animation. You are a passionate and hands-on individual who understands the principle that ‘just being there’ is a fundamental part of a great game experience. Combining a strong technical ability with an ambitious artistic sense, you want to be part of a team creating stunning, immersive worlds in next-gen technology.
- Creating high and low poly organic and hard surface assets for an open-world, next-gen console title.
- Work under the Art Director and alongside VFX Artist, Technical Artist and another Environment Artist to realise the vision for the game.
Requirements and Skills
- High levels of skill with appropriate software and techniques (Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, etc).
- Prior experience with 3D sculpting to create strong and interesting silhouettes is a must for this position.
- Focused experience on organics a particular bonus.
- Experience working with current generation game development engine, such as CryEngine 3
- Strong understanding of the foundational principles in art, preferably with prior fine arts experience or self-study.
- Understanding of advanced materials and how to author textures that sits well in multiple different lighting situations.
- Ability to operate in a small, fast-moving team, with strong skills in self-management and self-learning.
- Ability to creatively respond to briefs, follow direction and look for opportunities to excel.