UPDATE: this position has now been filled. Thank you!
Part-time QA Technician
Formed in 2010, The Chinese Room is an internationally recognised, award-winning development studio based in Brighton, UK. Our previous titles include the critically acclaimed, breakout title Dear Esther and the cult horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. We're currently working with Sony Santa Monica on a PS4-exclusive; the open-world mystery Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which we are working in CryEngine to realise.
We love stories in games, and place great emphasis on that sense of 'being in the world' that, we believe, games do better than any other art form. We're lucky enough to have a team of exceptional people, all passionate about what they do and the games we make, so we'd love to hear from any current or aspiring QA technicians who want to be a part of that.
· To perform quality assurance duties as required for the development of the game:
o Playing the latest build of the game
o Recording bugs / gameplay issues
o Uploading to our bugs database
o Verifying fixes to previous issues
· To liaise with department leads & team regarding critical issues.
· To provide general gameplay & content feedback to the team as part of the ongoing development process.
Requirements and Skills
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills – looking for someone who can start integrating with the team from Day 1.
· Extremely passionate about playing games - must be able to concisely analyse gameplay and technical faults.
· Previous QA experience would be a plus, but not essential.
· Previous experience with Jira and/or Devtrack bug databases would also be a plus.
· Must be available to start immediately.
· The job will be based at our studio in Brighton, UK.
· This is a contract position, working Tues/Wed/Fri - 10am-2pm, running until the end of June, 2015.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org