UPDATE: this position has now been filled. Thank you!
We're looking for a world class Art Director to join the team!
Working alongside an incredibly talented small team of developers your role will be to guide and develop the art style for our ambitious and unique products.
You possesses inspiring artistic vision, outstanding communications skills, strong leadership experience, and a proven track record of shipping AAA products in an art director role. Experience creating assets and engine knowledge for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets are also essential.
You are experienced at mentoring teams, and able to be self-directed in both management and production as well as hands on with shaping the product. You love pitching in with specific areas of the product while maintaining responsibility for the overall look and feel of the game. You are looking for the opportunity to be at the centre of an exciting new project, driving vision and production, at a small, passionate and fast-paced studio.
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor artists and art leads.
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, or other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- Work with the rest of the team to determine and maintain budgets and guidelines for efficient delivery of the product to the desired hardware.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- Communicate with outsource partners to deliver top quality assets for in game and marketing.
- Help to produce marketing material to shout loudly and proudly about the product youare creating.
Essential Qualities, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in crafting video game art
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage pressures of a small indie team matched with the goals of cutting edge products.
- Strong illustration and / orconcept art skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular game engines. Unreal, Cryengine, Unity
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Able to motivate artists and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment
- A passion for games and art
- Unreal 4 experience an advantage
- Must be willing to relocate to Brighton, UK
Please apply via GamesIndustry.biz - http://www.gamesindustry.biz/jobs//uk-and-europe/art-director-id80015
Please send a portfolio to accompany your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (or send us a link to online portfolios)
Interviews will be held at the beginning of September. We are looking for the suitable candidate to start work with us at the beginning of December at the latest.
More information about the company can be found at www.thechineseroom.co.uk
More information about our latest title can be found at gonetotherapture.playstation.com